Thursday, March 11, 2010

I need an opinion.

So, as you may know, I have been reading Pride and Prejudice. As you may also know, I've been reading it for about 4 weeks, and am only on page 147. Which is really bad. I read Great Expectations faster!
I have been considering for the past two days just putting the book on hold, and coming back to read it some other time. I'm not enjoying it a whole lot, I mean, I think I like the writing, I just am bored and tired with the storyline. Which really sucks, because I was so looking forward to reading it! But I believe that it is this book that has been putting me off reading. Seriously. I've had trouble just picking up a book, and it started shortly after I began reading Pride and Prejudice.
I'm also considering just sucking it up and finishing the book. I absolutely hate the idea of not finishing it, or any book! I will (and already do) feel defeated. But I can always come back to it later, right? And I am trying to read 100 books, or more, this year, so if I only read say, two books this month, that will really set me back!

So, I feel the need for some help. Do you guys think I should put the book on hold and come back to it later on, or should I just suck it up and finish it?

0 comments: