Friday, January 29, 2010

Successful Bookstore Outing

A few hours ago, my dad and I decided to go over to Chapters, just to browse. This is one of my favorite things to do, but it pains me when I have no money, and have to leave empty handed. I always find at least one new book that I want to read.
We were there for about an hour and a half, which is how long it took me to get through the entire Fiction & Literature section. It was unfortunate, but just as I got into the Horror section, it was time to go.
I found three new books to read, on top of the whole list I have, and I did make a purchase. And it was a great, and awesomely cheap, purchase.
See, Chapters has this awesome set of Classics, and they have it so that if you buy 2, you get the third free! I have already bought four of these books, but I felt it was time to get some more!
Here's what I got:

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, and David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
There are so many others that I wanted, but I did not have the cash to buy them.

I have been enjoying Great Expectations, hence my buying two Dickens novels. I know many people don't like the length and detailed descriptions of Great Expectations, but I love it. I also found that as I got more into the story, I was able to understand what was being said much easier.

And one more quick thing:

Click
No. Just no.
Why would they do this???

0 comments: