Friday, February 5, 2010

The Vampire Diaries Volume I: The Awakening

I picked this book up because I enjoy the TV show, so I thought the books would probably be better. I had no idea how different the books were to the show. There are quite a number of differences, and unfortunately in most cases, I prefer the TV series.

It's a pretty cliche vampire novel. Beautiful girl falls in love at first site with a beautiful vampire and his beautiful vampire brother, and she can't decide which to choose.
It was rather boring to start, and pretty slow getting into the interesting bit of the story. There were some pretty cheesy parts, and some that didn't really make sense, but there were also some really good suspenseful bits towards the end. After finishing the book, I plan on reading volume II.
Basically, it was not bad for a teen vampire romance. Definitely better that Twilight.

0 comments: